Anyone beat this?
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Wow! Great job! I think there is one person on the discord community with a better score. But it's really mostly about luck at that level.
i always wanted a game so simallar to this. Do i have my permisson to make some YouTube videos on this game?
Wow what a fantastic game! Simple but also unique and compelling. A couple comments about what some others have previously said.
-Some units seem to stray away from battle lines when the villagers are asking to be rescued. This is often problematic and breaks up lines and strategy.
- Secondly, the pause option is nice but I feel like it breaks up the game too much and too often. It would be a nice option for starting levels but as the game progresses it should be taken away especially if the game is ever is put into a multiplayer context. Also, maybe slow down the pace of the game if this is this is the case? Decreasing attack speed, and movement speeds could all be viable options for making multiplayer viable for molding this into more of an rts style game.
- Also, the movement options are very restrictive in my opinion. The meta, and way the mechanics work out with limited movement per cooldown incentivizes static gameplay from the majority of units. Although a fun strategy, it feels somewhat limiting. In my opinion, movement options ought to be more free where the speed at which that unit moves is determined by the unit type. Not where the unit type determines the distance it can move in a single turn.
- Finally, movement (as previously mentioned) and charge options should not be locked or on cooldowns. Charge in particular, should be associated with some cost/benefit calculation (ie. more susceptible to spearmen, ranged fire while charging etc) but locking it really does not feel good and as mentioned before, is very limiting on strategic options.
- Terrain could also be used more creatively, high ground low ground bonuses, choke points etc...
- Like I said before, I see the biggest improvement in the game being made by taking away the pause function and slowing things down across the board so decisions can be made in real time and there is a bit more quick thinking involved. Other options like break free, armor up etc. should be locked up until a certain point. But the locking of charges, and the cooldown on movement is just too crippling for a strategy game like this.
The game has been incredibly fun, scored 200 something with outlaws and had a blast! I'm not sure if the developers intend on making it multiplayer, but if they do it would offer a vast amount of replay-ability, faction development, and competitiveness. Again thanks for a great game! If some of these things are considered I would be more than happy to drop money for a promising game like this.
good game but please post a downloadable version
BTW I defeated the final boss on the hardest difficulty with 2 archers, and sold the rest of my army to get this score you might want to look into that.
Did it, with Royals. 3 is my High Score. ^___^ Ok, not huge, still cute victory!
44 is my highest score
i love it ive always wanted a game like this
This is a really cool game! Great job!
Hell yeah! been waiting for this one! Love the rouge-lite feel to it
this could be a grate multiplayer game something like Attacker and defender
or just battle in several rounds (like days)
Congratulations on such a great game. Just finished it and already wanna try to beat my score.
i won the game without dying once! i had to make loads of tough choices to be able to get troops. super fun game. i neeeeeed more!!!!
cant wait for the full release! best of luck!
i want a dowloadble version plz
This game is awesome! I can't stop playing and trying to beat my score. What's your guys's high score? My record is 423 points on nightmare mode.
This is wonderful game which leading to uncontrolable 1 hours playing without stop. Thanks for creating such wonderful game, I add this game into my steam account too, hope this will coming ASAP. hahaha.
1. The village and forest give me some thing but not sure what it is but could be insteresting to hold, or for other battle model, like protect the village for 2 mins.../Or could we build up moat?
2. Can we rotate 45 degree when we place the armor?Or Triangle armor
3. From mount to plain we should move faster, and archor have higher attack
I will buy it.
The currency feels really restrictive and makes me sad, if my units don't die I shouldn't need to pay for them again.
Mhm you're right, it is a bit restrictive... Thanks for playing!
Hi, is the full version going to be available on itch.io as well? If yes, is it going to be under this page or a new one?
Hey! Most likely it will get its own page. It might be a bad decision, but I'd like to keep this version for posterity.
Played the first winter falling sometime ago and loved the concept. I do programming myself and made a game similar but with Zombies etc.
I constantly come back to itch and yesterday saw this come up and got extremely excited because I played the other one admittedly for an hour everyday here and there. The step forward with this is not only the right choice imo, it has more than enough potential to be a much larger game in which I would pay for if I had to (love strategy type games). I beat and win everytime.
My only comment on this prototype is that is freezes at one point after cheats are used and you go back to play the other levels again, but is very minor, otherwise everything runs smoothly and as it should(Ive played it multiple times today and still not bored)
Keep this going and on full blast, its god damn amazing.
Oh that's so nice to hear! Thank you very much! Hmm I don't know why it freeze,s I'll have to figure it out. Thanks a lot, I hope it won't disappoint!
Great game ! I love the artstyle and the overall concept ! I'm really into strategy games and its right away really appealing to me.
I only managed to get the boss down to 18hp with the peasants, it wasnt easy haha.
Here are some things I thought about while playing :
- I could use a bit more gold, even though you get upgrades through the game, it feels more like you are downgrading all the time, because you cant use those shiny troops you just unlocked, you simply cant afford it. I'd like to have an army as big as on the screenshots for the boss ! (I showed up with 1 peasant haha, I know, theres room for improvement)
- I thought that I could be able to move on the campaign map, which could be cool, but it wasnt that big a deal.
- I would have liked the option to pause the battle while still being able to give orders (I think its not possible?), instead of having to click a random order to have a quick pause to think.
- sometimes my troops would attack when I wanted them to stay, and vice versa.
The different strategies feel pretty unique, I like it a lot.
I wishlisted the game, looking forward for updates :)
Just discovered this wonderful game, love the style and the units can't wait to see how it develops. The only part is that I wish the battles where bigger and longer. you could use move more, which could be improved by introducing into the skill tree and the same with the variations of units and that the world was bigger and had a lot more in it.
If you could also introduce more for each unit, like you could select the spear unit and specifically upgrade certain traits and elements. Such as defence or equipment and more variations as independent units for range, attack and strategy such as the trenches. Additionally if each unit had the same option as trenches where you could spend extra gold on growing a units numbers so that if you play on a huge map where you can take advantage of the size of your units.
Also if you offered more options for generating gold besides the tech tree that would be great as the gold is somewhat limiting you could do this by making each location captured be it a fort or a town. Depending on the size and difficulty to take to be be generate gold and also units, this might only be peasants but you can create specific groups such as ranged and as you upgrade the town not only thus the gold increase but defences and units. Additionally the map was a bit more fluid you would have enemy strongholds that don't change but you could have enemy units that move per turn.
Again love the game and am really interested to see how it goes if this was the plan all along then it's going to be amazing.
Great ideas! I'm adding them to the pool. I'm working really hard on the design to make it a fun experience, so every idea helps. Thank you very much!
Really good one, cannot say much more that what has already been said :-)
- it's not obvious that you can use orders (except for charge) as the button says "Locked". I thought you needed to unlock them through the tree
- it can be more clear that your coin budget depends on how much you spend in previous missions when starting the game
I wish you the best for what follows :-)
Had trouble my first campaign, but I managed to do it with the peasantry the second time! Overall great game! Now to go overthrow the king and seize the means of production...
score of 554!
Wonderful game! Came here from your twitter
Super fun! could've been a bit tougher but I've only played the royal army so far
Hmm right, I think today's update should make it a bit tougher and fix some issues. Thanks for playing!
This is really cool! The art style is really nice and the units are each unique and interesting. Can't wait to see how this grows and develops
Nice strategy game! I realy like the graphic (icon) style! And of course the Game of Thrones theme ;-)
Really love this game, and I just wanted to point out one bug I seem to have found. I chose the "start with 1 dragon breath" reward, but I am still not starting with it
Ooh because it's not +1dragon breath, it's +1 order token!
Thank you for playing! I'm just catching up and fixing bugs now, preparing what needs to be changed for the full game
An awesome and a really enjoyable game.
Very enjoyable prototype, wishlisted ;)
Whelp, can't believe how far we've come. :o